Tuesday, February 3, 2009

perry dixon maple



I had difficulty using the airbrush tool, as it would look really messy when i viewed the file at actual size. a question i have is ways to work with the airbrush tool so that it can still feel tight. maybe i need more transitions or my values are off and that is why, but it felt messy to me. i'm used to using the hard edge brushes and making gradation through those. i wanted to incorporate more solid edge strokes but then that seemed less what this assignment was about. any advice would be awesome. thanks.

2 comments:

Justin said...

I know I'm not viscom 4, but try using the airbrush mega huge size and then erasing out what you don't need. You can get super precise, super subtle, super fast transitions!

perry dixon maple said...

thanks Justin.